The origin celebration of Mother’s Day was began in the era of ancient Greek and Romans, but it can also be traced in UK. While in the US, Anna Jarvis is known as the founder.
Mother’s Day is a national celebration in the US since proclaimed by Woodrow Wilson about hundred years ago. Today, it can be a great opportunity to show that special moms who nurtured us that we care.
Eleven things we can do to show our appreciation and make the day extra special for moms.
- How about making your mom breakfast in bed
- Take her shopping and for lunch
- Get her healthy may included hiking, running, riding, or exercies together
- Home spa : save some money and give your mother a homemade experience
- Show your love for moms by making a personalised card with a heartfelt message
- Frame some famous quotes about motherhood
- Take her on vacation: plan a holiday for your mum to where she likes the most
- Make a family video with a smartphone and dedicate a message to your mum
- Do things for her such as cooking, cleaning and help her around the house
- Show her that you love her with a thoughtful gift. Not always to be expensive
- Print out a Happy Mother’s Day Card. There are plenty of them can be found for free online
A famous quote from George Washington: "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."
Here is a simple and colourful doodle, marked Mother’s Day on Google’s search page, shows a mother enjoying a bike ride with her two children.
Where is Mothers Day celebrated? There are several countries where people celebrating this special occasion including the US, UK, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, Australia, Mexico, Canada, China, and Japan.