Result: Nigeria (0-1) Germany, goal scorer: Lena Petermann 98′.
Third place, France (3-2) North Korea.
The final of the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Canada will be between Nigeria and Germany. This match is a repeat of the 2010 final which Germany won 2–0, so the Nigerians girls will have one thing in mind-revenge.
Germany is playing for its third title, and Nigeria would be the first African team to win the title. The game kicks off at midnight UK time, which is on Sunday, 24th August 7p.m local time.
The match is being played at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal with referee Carol Anne Chenard, and the game is being shown live on British Eurosport in the UK.
To get to the final, the Super Falconets U20 marshalled by speed racer, Asisat Oshoala pummelled Korea DPR by 6-2 in the semifinals played on Wednesday in Moncton.with Oshoala scoring four times and assisting in the two other goals.
On their impressive road to the final
|NIGERIA U-20||GERMANY U-20|
|07/08 Mexico 1-1 Nigeria
09/08 Korea Rep 1-2 Nigeria
14/08 Nigeria 2-1 England
17/08 Nigeria 4-1 New Zealand
20/08 Korea DPR 2-6 Nigeria
|06/08 Germany 2-0 U.S.A
09/08 Germany 5-5 China PR
12/08 Brazil 1-5 Germany
17/08 Germany 2-0 Canada
21/08 Germany 2-1 France
Head-to-head: The Africans have met twice with the Germans who won on both occassions:
- 5-4 quarter-final victory on penalties after 1-1 draw at full time at Thailand 2004
- 2-0 win in the final FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup at Germany 2010
What time does Nigeria vs Germany around the world:
Sunday, 24th August 2014:
- Los Angeles, United States: 4 p.m
- Bogotá, Colombia: 6 p.m
- Mexico City, Mexico: 6 p.m
- New York City, United States: 7 p.m
- Montreal, Canada: 7 p.m
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: 8 p.m
- Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, Brazil: 8 p.m
Monday, 25th August 2014:
- London, United Kingdom: 12 a.m midnight
- Lagos, Nigeria: 12 a.m midnight
- Paris, France: 1 a.m
- Cairo, Istanbul, Tel Aviv: 2 a.m
- Moscow, Russia: 3 a.m
- Karachi, Lahore Pakistan: 4 a.m
- Dhaka, Bangladesh: 5 a.m
- Bangkok and Jakarta: 6 a.m
- Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Shanghai, and Beijing: 7 a.m
- Osaka and Tokyo: 8 a.m
- Seoul, South Korea: 8 a.m
- Melbourne & Sydney Australia: 9 a.m